Bistro – Server Support/Cashier
Date Posted: June 13, 2018 4:00 pm
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018 11:59 pm
Position: Cashier/Food Runner
Job Type: Full Time
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
Are you looking to gain more experience in the hospitality industry? We are looking for a motivated food runner to support our team and improve the dining experience for our Bistro customers.
Fortius is open seven (7) days a week, so ideally you are available to work a variety of shifts including special events in the evening and on weekends as required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking orders at the cash register
- Delivering food & drinks to customers, as well as clearing plates and wiping tables
- Relaying important information between management, kitchen staff, servers, and customers
- Assisting servers during peak service times by performing tasks necessary to ensure a high-quality customer experience
- Engaging with customers in a welcoming and professional manner
- Performing on-going, shift-specific duties related to the operations of the Bistro
- Other duties as required as you find your groove
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in customer service, or hospitality is an asset, but we are always eager to develop the skills of the right person
- Priority will be given to applicants with Serving it Right and/or Food Safe Certification
- Friendly, conscientious and professional, with respect for detail and a desire to consistently do a great job
- Excellent communication skills
- POS & iPad experience is an asset
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, and dynamic environment
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted training centre membership and team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Free parking and a central convenient location
- May be eligible for benefits
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.