Date Posted: March 11, 2020 10:06 am
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Job Type: Contract
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC, Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
Our Chiropractors provide services by appointment to Fortius clients including, athletes, teams, coaches and active living individuals in our Sports Medicine Clinic. You may also have the opportunity to be actively involved in the development of Professional Practice programs and services.
If you are a Chiropractor who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide assessments, consultation, treatment and follow-up of patients within clinic
- Communicate and collaborate with other leads and members of the clinic team
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols and College Guidelines
- Maintain all professional certifications
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participate and lead in department meetings, clinical training and in-services
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care
- Engage in special projects and research as required
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Provide exceptional customer service, creating and cultivating solid client relationships
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
Experience and Qualifications:
- Registered Chiropractor in good standing with the College of Chiropractors of British Columbia
- Required to maintain adequate malpractice insurance
- Preference will be given to Chiropractors who also have CCSS Certification
- ART Certification is an asset
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience as a practicing chiropractor working with athletes preferred
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted Fitness & Performance Centre membership and access to team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.