Client Services Representative – Fitness & Performance Centre
Date Posted: December 18, 2019 11:00 am
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020 11:59 pm
Position: Client Services Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a fitness and performance training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
What the position is about
Are you outgoing, friendly, polite, professional and active? Then we are eager to have you join the Client Services Team in our Fitness & Performance Centre.
Fortius is open seven (7) days a week, so you must be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
What you’ll be doing
- Greeting clients and guests in a welcoming and professional manner, while working to maintain strong relationships that promote trust and client satisfaction
- Performing on-going, shift-specific duties (administrative and other) related to the operations of the front desk area, training floor, gymnasium and locker areas in the Fitness & Performance Centre
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment, including equipment and change rooms and liase with cleaning vendor as required
- Consistently working within our existing policies and procedures including the enforcement of our established ‘rules’ and behavioural expectations of clients and members
- Showing off your accuracy and attention to detail through scheduling, booking and taking payments for appointments, classes, programs and memberships
- Answering or making phone calls, returning emails and taking care of client or visitor requests and inquiries
- Ensuring that administrative support (client notifications, follow up, scheduling, etc.) for the Fitness & Performance Centre’s Strength & Conditioning Coaches is accurate, up to date, and communicated effectively to all stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining an exceptional working knowledge of the programs, services and training packages offered in the Fitness & Performance Centre and ensure that this information is consistently communicated to clients, prospective clients and staff
- Responsible for the consistent application of existing policies and procedures including the enforcement of our established ‘rules’ and behavioral expectations of clients and members
- Working cooperatively with Business Development, assisting in the marketing and promotion of memberships, programs and services to help clients optimize their experience and contribute to business growth
- Assisting in the promotion of programs, services and memberships as well as providing information to prospective clients who enter the Fitness & Performance Centre wanting to know more about what Fortius has to offer
- Other duties as required as you find your groove
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of customer service, hospitality service or administrative experience
- 1-2 years of sales experience an asset
- Conscientious and professional, with respect for detail and a desire to consistently do a great job
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer experience, including Microsoft office
- Knowledge of booking software – both MindBody and Clinic Master, considered an asset
Some of the Perks
- Discounted Fitness & Performance centre membership and access to team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central, convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- May be eligible for benefits in a full time role
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
*All successful candidates will be subject to a background check.