Director of Sport Performance
Date Posted: July 5, 2019 12:00 am
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020 11:59 pm
Position: Director of Sport Performance
Job Type: Full Time
Fortius Sport & Health is searching for a Director of Sport Performance who will play a central role in elevating both our expertise and delivery of an exceptional client experience in key areas of sport performance. These areas will include physical preparation, injury rehabilitation, applied sport science and performance training.
Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius is a state-of-the-art 148,000 square foot facility that is home to a fitness & performance centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, multi-disciplinary sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro.
Our vision is a high performance culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport and health. Our belief is that anybody with a physical objective and motivation can be an athlete. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating medicine, sport science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
The Director of Sport Performance will report to the VP, Business Operations, and will work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team to shape the strategic direction of sport performance programming and services at Fortius. This position will be responsible for the overview and support of professional development for our Performance Rehabilitation Coaches (PRC’s), Applied Sport Scientists (Lab), Biomechanists, Physiologists, Data Collectors and Strength & Conditioning Coaches (S&C Coaches).
Leadership & Mentoring
- Supervise, direct and mentor the PRC’s, Applied Sport Scientists (Lab), Biomechanists, Physiologists, Data Collectors and S&C Coaches on topics such as physical preparation, performance training and rehabilitation;
- Develop and deliver clear and insightful information to department leadership to assist them in their decision-making and service delivery;
- Initiate and facilitate ongoing dialogue to inform policy for enhanced integration between sports injury and performance services/team members.
Operational & Strategic Business Development
- Provide strategic sport performance planning and management advice (people, finances, processes) to the Senior Leadership Team;
- Involvement in professional recruitment and hiring for positions as required;
- Support and enhance a business model that continues to push towards a growth oriented self-sustaining facility;
- Develop and represent, on behalf of Fortius, sport performance relationships with external stakeholders;
- Facilitate the development of principles and processes for the Fortius Rehabilitation Pathways;
- Create and implement a comprehensive evaluation to review our Sport Performance programs;
- Create and implement KPI’s for department growth and practitioner development;
- Develop and implement performance-based services that serve to attract new clients/partners and enhance services for existing clients/partners;
- Contribute to the further development and utilization of the Fortius Lab;
- Opportunity to generate research studies.
Please submit a letter of application and resume by November 30, 2019 to:
Fortius Sport & Health
c/o Human Resources
3713 Kensington Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5B 0A7
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.