Facility Attendant – Part Time
Date Posted: May 22, 2018 12:00 am
Application Deadline: September 3, 2018 11:59 pm
Position: Facility Attendant - Part Time
Job Type: Part Time
Fortius Sport & Health is an integrated athlete development centre strengthened through philanthropy and focused on optimizing athlete performance for life. Situated in Burnaby, B.C., we are home to a state-of-the-art training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, sport science lab, sport medicine institute, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our integrated team of sport medicine and science practitioners (sport physicians and specialists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, optometrists, exercise physiologists, biomechanists, pedorthists, and strength & conditioning coaches) share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans for athletes of all ages and abilities, under one roof.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts within an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Game Changing. Life Changing.
The Facility Attendant is a member of the Operations team and assists Fortius Sport & Health with overall building operation and providing a safe environment for facility visitors, participants and the public. Under general supervision, Facility Attendants will assist the Operations team by preparing meeting rooms and facility amenities (soccer pitch, gymnasium) for events, programs or other permitted activities at Fortius Sport & Health.
The duties and responsibilities in the position of Facility Attendant include, but are not limited to:
Facility Operations Support
- Assists staff with overall building operation and providing a safe environment for facility visitors, participants and the public;
- Opens and closes facility amenities (gymnasium, soccer pitch, etc.) as schedule requires;
- Ensures public compliance with established Fortius Sport & Health policies;
- Performs facility attendant duties including: set up and take down of equipment (basketball hoops, score clocks, nets, etc.), minor equipment maintenance (inflating balls, repairing nets, etc.), hydrotherapy pool testing, updating displays and signage, maintaining storage room inventory and cleanliness, monitor and control of patron access to the facility, light janitorial and maintenance activities as required by operational needs in between permits and programs;
- Acts as a member of the on-site emergency response team;
- Completes shift summary in the facility logbook ensuring that critical information is recorded and shared with co-workers;
- Assists client services staff as needed during breaks;
- Adheres to all safety guidelines in accordance with the Work Safe BC;
- Takes appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Fortius Policies and Procedures, including filing incident report forms as required;
- Monitors indoor and outdoor spaces and facility access points – open gym, special events, mini pitch, soccer pitch, etc.;
- Attends and takes part in operational meetings and training sessions
Rental / Event Support
- Reviews daily schedule and ensures the required set-up/re-set is in place (tables, chairs, audio-visual) and operational for facility renters and participants and monitors use;
- Performs administrative tasks to support the events and programs;
- Performs clerical work including word processing (daily reports, program and event information), data entry, preparation of statistical reports, maintenance of lost and found records, etc.;
- Locks doors and turns off lights after scheduled events.
- Provide general information and related customer services assistance for in-person inquiries regarding the hours of operation, upcoming events, facility rentals, lost and found items and general inquiries regarding facility services and programs;
- Respond to facility rental client issues and problems promptly with a solution oriented attitude;
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients using Fortius facilities.
- Other duties as required.
Fortius Sport & Health may change or revise your duties and responsibilities from time to time
- At least one year experience in customer service and/or event planning, preferably
- Valid Standard First Aid and AED certification
- WHMIS and MSDS training would be an asset
- Completion of Grade 12
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check
- Available to complete shift work including nights and weekends
- Customer service training and familiarity with a variety of computer software programs would be an asset
- As a member in the Fortius Sport & Health team, the Facility Attendant must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience
- Embodiment of professionalism at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to work assignment
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.