Marketing & Events Assistant
Date Posted: March 1, 2019 12:00 am
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019 12:00 am
Position: Summer Internship
Job Type: Contract
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility home to a fitness and performance training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro.
The Marketing & Events Assistant will be primarily supporting the Fortius Athlete Development Association (FADA). As a not-for-profit, FADA operates within Fortius Sport & Health with the mandate to fund, promote and develop programs in sport science and related fields, to enhance and improve health, wellness and fitness of athletes, as well as the general public.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
The Marketing and Events Assistant will supporting the planning and implementation of marketing, events, sales and partnership initiatives for all FADA operations and a number of other Fortius-related programs and services.
Term: 9 to 12-weeks starting May 6, 2019
- Support the implementation and growth of FADA’s marketing strategy, including website updates, search engine optimization, blog writing, email marketing, graphic design and video creation
- Support the planning and implementation of FADA’s social media strategy
- Assist with the collection and analysis of marketing analytics and reporting (social media, web analytics, etc.)
- Support the planning, promotion and execution of tournaments, conferences, and other events hosted at Fortius
- Support account management and partnerships through scheduling and inputting of bookings, prospecting new business and assisting with sales leads
- Attend and contribute to weekly business development team meetings
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
REQUIREMENTS & BENEFITS
This position is contingent on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program. The position will be 9 to 12 weeks, dependent on the level of funding received. To be eligible for this funding, the Marketing and Event Assistant must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Not required, but would be an asset include:
- Experience using WordPress Software, Google Analytics, and HootSuite
What can the Marketing and Event Assistant expect from Fortius?
- A formal orientation and on-boarding including a facility tour, HR orientation, IT orientation and Health & Safety orientation
- Ongoing training and support over the course of the work term
- Valuable opportunities to network with professionals in a business environment
- Hands-on experience working as a contributing member to the Business Development Team
- A professional reference based on quality work performance
- Base wage of $13.85 per hour
- Complementary membership to the Fortius Fitness & Performance Centre for length of the position
As a member of Fortius Sport & Health, team members must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to independently and within a team
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.