Medical Office Assistant
Date Posted: July 18, 2018 12:00 am
Application Deadline: September 3, 2018 11:59 pm
Position: Medical Office Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Fortius Sport & Health is an integrated athlete development centre strengthened through philanthropy and focused on optimizing athlete performance for life. Situated in Burnaby, B.C., we are home to a state-of-the-art training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, sport science lab, sport medicine institute, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our integrated team of sport medicine and science practitioners (sport physicians and specialists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, optometrists, exercise physiologists, biomechanists, pedorthists, and strength & conditioning coaches) share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans for athletes of all ages and abilities, under one roof.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts within an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Game Changing. Life Changing
As a member of the Integration team and reporting to the Integration Services Manager, the MOA will be responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service to Fortius clients, athletes and/or patients.
This position works 40-hours per week. It requires a motivated, energetic, self- directing individual able to work in a busy, professional, multi-tasking environment. MOA’s are required to provide exceptional customer service in a friendly, calm, personable manner and be able to work accurately and efficiently while interact effectively and in a supportive manner to all Fortius diverse clients, patients and athletes of all ages.
This role is responsible for managing on an EMR software system for the administration of client, patient and practitioner information. Wolf Medical Systems is an asset. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
- Responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service within the Institute to Fortius clients, athletes, and/or patients through effective communication both in person and over the phone.
- Confident when welcoming, greeting, assisting clients/patients and giving them direction
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments, schedule clients for tests and follow up appointments.
- Receive and make phone calls, fax and email, referral management
- Receive and communicate messages for medical staff and clients
- Share information gathered by client with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of patient
- Maintain electronic medical records-update address, phone number, measure vitals height and weight
- Performing office related duties both clerical and administrative, to ensure services are provided in an efficient and effective manner
- Coordinate client care through Institute, waiting room and exam room
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prepare and coordinate clients consultations, laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic tests ordered by physician
- Coordinate submitting referrals to specialists offices and hospital
- Assist in assessing the quality of patient/client care
- Follow Institute guidelines, protocols and participate in making new ones
- Other duties that may be assigned as required
- Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Undergraduate degree in the health care field would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years of MOA clerical and administrative medical related experience in the health care industry
- Experience managing clinic scheduling, billing, including MSP (ICD9)
- Current medical records technology knowledge
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to efficiently manage time, prioritize multiple tasks and provide excellent customer service skills
- Independent worker with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office equipment
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Ability to maintain client privacy and confidentiality
As a member of our Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic team, individuals must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
Sports Medicine Department is open Monday – Friday 7:00am-7:00pm and Saturdays 8:00-4:00.
Need to be available and flexible to work a changing schedule including mornings, evenings and Saturday.
Past experience working in a busy GP office is an asset.
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.
Deadline to Apply: September 3, 2018