Date Posted: July 11, 2018 12:00 am
Application Deadline: July 24, 2018 11:59 pm
Position: Night Supervisor - Atrium Desk
Job Type: Part Time
Fortius Sport & Health is an integrated athlete development centre strengthened through philanthropy and focused on optimizing athlete performance for life. Situated in Burnaby, B.C., we are home to a state-of-the-art training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, sport science lab, sport medicine institute, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our integrated team of sport medicine and science practitioners (sport physicians and specialists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, optometrists, exercise physiologists, biomechanists, pedorthists, and strength & conditioning coaches) share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans for athletes of all ages and abilities, under one roof.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts within an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Game Changing. Life Changing
The primary responsibilities of the Night Supervisor at the Atrium desk to ensure all Fortius Sport & Health clients have a pleasant and welcoming experience while ensuring that Fortius policies, procedures and behavioural etiquette expectations are adhered to. The Client Services desk in the Atrium is responsible for front desk services such as initial welcome for all clients and guests, Lodge bookings, room rentals, and telephone answering.
The Night Supervisor will focus on delivering an exceptional client experience for everyone who enters and/or has contact with Fortius.
- Welcoming to all clients and guests entering the Atrium, and/or calling our main telephone number
- Polite, professional and pleasant
- Knowledgeable about the programs and services offered by Fortius
- Safety and Security Orientated
The most important skill needed in order to be a Night Supervisor is communication. As one of the front line smiling faces of Fortius, this is an important role as you will interact with clients either by telephone or in-person. You must be adaptable, an efficient self-starter and pay attention to detail to complete tasks properly.
Fortius is open seven days a week and a Night Supervisor must be flexible and willing to work weekdays and weekends.
What is expected of you?:
- Greet clients and guests upon arrival in a welcoming and professional manner and maintain strong relationships that promote trust & client satisfaction;
- Develop and maintain an exceptional working knowledge of the programs and services offered at Fortius and ensure that this information is accurate and consistently communicated to clients, prospective clients and staff;
- Perform on-going, shift-specific duties (administrative and other)
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment in the atrium and surrounding public areas,
- Responsible for the consistent application of existing policies and procedures including the enforcement of our established ‘rules’ and behavioural expectations of clients and guests;
- Schedule, book and take payments for Lodge rooms and meeting spaces. Accuracy and attention to detail is very important;
- Answer or make telephone calls, return emails and take care of client or visitor requests and inquiries.
- Proactively seek information and education about Fortius programs and services to support business growth;
- Proactively educate clients about the scope of Fortius business and how Fortius can help them;
- Understand and Memorize Evacuation for Lodge Guests
- Process Night Audits and Reports as requested
- Undertake External Perimeter and Internal Patrols
- Monitor the Night Housekeeping team
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of customer service, clerical & administrative experience
- Courteous and professional, with respect for detail and doing a job well: the first time.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer experience, including Microsoft office
As a member in the Fortius Institute team, employees must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.