Date Posted: October 10, 2019 1:30 pm
Application Deadline: November 17, 2019 11:59 pm
Position: Performance Dietitian
Job Type: Part Time, Contract
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a fitness and performance training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
The Performance Dietitian will provide nutrition consultation services to all Fortius clients including, athletes, teams, coaches and active living individuals. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform nutritional assessments and provide feedback to clients within an interdisciplinary team. The Performance Dietitian will also provide comprehensive nutritional guidance and advice for individuals and teams, deliver educational workshops and skill building training seminars and participate in the development of innovative performance programs and services.
The Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic is open six (6) days a week. This is a contract position, and to start we are looking to hire on a part time basis (2 to 3 days per week), with evening and some Saturday availability. There is opportunity to have this role grow into a full time position.
- Provide nutritional services, including assessments, counseling, and ongoing strategic support, and initiate and implement innovated strategies and programs to service Fortius clients;
- Provide exceptional customer service, creating and cultivating solid client-coach relationships;
- Develop and deliver educational seminars and workshops and create and implement educational resources;
- Work in an integrated and collaborative manner with Fortius practitioners in the provision of performance service;
- Maintain knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols;
- Maintain all professional certifications;
- Participate in department meetings and clinical training;
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community;
- Maintain client records and detailed scheduling information according to internal policy manuals and expectations;
- Assist with assessing quality of client care;
- Actively prospect and pursue new contacts and clients;
- Actively contribute to marketing activities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Registered Dietitian, BSc in Dietetics or Nutritional Science is required
- IOC Diploma in Sport Nutrition and/or MSc in Exercise Science, Physiology, Sport Nutrition or a related field would be an asset
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of BC and holds professional liability insurance
- Minimum two years related experience, including working with athletes and providing client counseling
- Experience delivering group presentations using various learning techniques
- Knowledge of sport nutrition topics, research and applied supplement use and knowledge of nutrition issues facing performance athletes would be an asset
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and initiative
- Experience working with athletes, parents, and coaches
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office computer applications
- Excellent written skills
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.