Registered Massage Therapist
Date Posted: March 11, 2020 10:11 am
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Position: Registered Massage Therapist
Job Type: Contract
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
Are you interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research? Does the idea of delivering integrated services and programs sound like a fit for you? Then we would love to hear from you!
The Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic is open six (6) days a week, so ideally you are able to work on a full time basis (four days per week, six hours per day) with some Saturday availability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide assessment, consultation, treatment and follow-up of Fortius patients
- Communicate and collaborate with other practitioners and members of the Fortius Institute team
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Fortius policies , procedures and protocols and College Guidelines
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participate in department meetings, clinical training, and in-services
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care
- Participate in clinical studies and research activities as required
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Opportunity to be actively involved in the development of Professional Practice programs and services for Fortius
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possess and maintain Massage Therapy Certification
- Graduate of a College of Massage Therapy diploma program
- Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia
- Required to maintain adequate malpractice insurance
- Working with athletes and or sport injury experience is considered an asset
- New grads will be considered
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted Fitness & Performance Centre membership and access to team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.