Sports Medicine Clinic Assistant
Date Posted: July 30, 2018 12:00 am
Application Deadline: September 3, 2018 12:00 am
Position: Sports Medicine Clinic Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Fortius Sport & Health is an integrated athlete development centre strengthened through philanthropy and focused on optimizing athlete performance for life. Situated in Burnaby, B.C., we are home to a state-of-the-art training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, sport science lab, sport medicine institute, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our integrated team of sport medicine and science practitioners (sport physicians and specialists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, optometrists, exercise physiologists, biomechanists, pedorthists, and strength & conditioning coaches) share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans for athletes of all ages and abilities, under one roof.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts within an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Game Changing. Life Changing
The Sports Medicine Clinic Assistant will work closely with the Clinical Operations team in the Sports Medicine Clinic, the will be responsible for supporting clinical operations across all disciplines, delivering the highest level of customer service to Fortius clients and providing support to Fortius practitioners.
Reporting to: Client Experience Manager
Specific job duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivering the highest level of customer service within the Sports Medicine Clinic to Fortius clients, athletes, and/or patients through effective communication both in person and over the phone;
- Being knowledgeable about the programs and services offered in other areas at Fortius and be able to appropriately respond to client enquiries, to educate clients about the scope of Fortius business and how Fortius can help them attain their health and fitness goals;
- Confident when welcoming, greeting, assisting clients/patients and giving them direction;
- Transcribing, proof reading and editing medical consult letters, referral letters and practitioner letters;
- Collaborating, communicating with and supporting Fortius practitioners;
- Schedule and confirm client appointments, schedule clients for tests and follow up appointments;
- Receive and make phone calls, fax and email, client referral management;
- Share information gathered by client with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of client;
- Maintain electronic medical records-update address, phone number, and other pertinent and required information;
- Perform office related duties both clerical and administrative, to ensure services are provided in an efficient and effective manner;
- Coordinate client care through check in through to assessment/treatment;
- Maintain current knowledge of medical and clinical terminology;
- Prepare and coordinate clients consultations, laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic tests, and internal referrals as ordered by attending practitioner;
- Coordinate client external referrals as required;
- Assist in assessing the quality of client care;
- Follow Fortius guidelines, protocols and; as requested, participate in making new ones;
- Other duties that may be assigned as required.
As a member of Fortius Sport & Health, team members must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience;
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation;
- Continuous professional development;
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently;
- Dedicated orientation towards results;
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.
Deadline to Apply: September 3, 2018