Sports Medicine Physician
Date Posted: November 16, 2018 12:00 am
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019 11:59 pm
Position: Sports Medicine Physician
Job Type: Full Time
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a fitness and performance training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
As a Fortius Sport Physician you will provide primary care, MSK and sport medical services for clients in our Sports Medicine Clinic. You possess skills and knowledge including an excellent range of clinical treatment skills, excellence in the understanding and delivery of rehabilitative medicine from assessment to return to play and demonstrate the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
If you are interested in joining a collaborative team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you!
- Provide assessments, consultation, treatment and follow-up of patients within clinic
- Engage in the development and delivery of injury prevention programs, including screening, assessment and implementation of injury prevention strategies
- Maintain all legal and professional qualifications in relation to Sports Medicine in British Columbia
- Provide event and training camp medical coverage services as required
- Communicate as required with the Clinical Operations Team and other members of the clinic practitioner team
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols, as well as professional responsibilities
- Participate and lead in department meetings, clinical training, and in-services
- Assist with evaluation of students and junior clinical staff
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care
- Participate in clinical studies and research activities as required
- Maintain the treatment area in a safe and clean manner
- Meet mutually agreed upon caseload expectations
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Other duties may be assigned as requiredQualifications, Skills & Experience:
As a Sports Medicine Physician, you will have significant post graduate qualification experience, including Sport and Exercise Medicine Fellowship and Diploma in Sports Medicine or equivalent. You likely have significant experience working in elite sport with a multidisciplinary sports science and medicine team and experience in coordinating and integrating with therapist and other members of the care team in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies. Having experience in supervising students, as well as involvement in clinical research will both be an asset for successful selection for this position. Physician in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC and adequate malpractice insurance is required.
Additional experience and qualifications include:
- Significant 2+ years of post-graduate experience, including Fellowship Training in Sport Medicine and Diploma in Sports Medicine, or equivalent
- Possess ACLS certification
- Experience working in elite sport within a multidisciplinary team of practitioners in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies
- Demonstrate competence in PC literacy and experience using electronic medical record keeping systems
- Excellent range of clinical assessment and treatment and clinical reasoning skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and delivery of injury prevention programs and protocols
- Excellent understanding of the principles of human performance and how they relate to clinical sports medicine
- Presentation experience at International Conferences will be considered an asset
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
*All successful candidates will be subject to a background check, including criminal and education verification.