Strength & Conditioning Coach
Date Posted: November 14, 2019 9:28 am
Application Deadline: December 15, 2019 11:59 pm
Position: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Job Type: Part Time
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance and health for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a fitness and performance training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance and health for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
What the position is about
The focus for this role will be working with individuals of all levels and abilities who are interested in taking an active role in improving their health, increasing their physical fitness, and optimizing their performance. Our Strength and Conditioning Coaches take an active role in the delivery of private coaching, small and large group training, as well as providing leadership and support to variety of program areas. As an evolving organization, this role requires initiative and a strong ability to be self-motivated while continuing to support the Fortius Fitness and Performance Centre vision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking direction from the Strength & Conditioning Management Team on all issues relating to the development and delivery of training programs and services;
- Developing and delivering individual and group training programs for clients of all ages and abilities based on their goals and experience;
- Engaging with Fitness & Performance Centre members and clients with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and customer service oriented approach;
- Incorporating results of functional, physiological and biomechanical assessments into client and team training programs;
- Be knowledgeable about all disciplines and programs at Fortius so as to be able to conduct introductory consultations for prospective members and clients and guide them in the process of achieving their objectives;
- Preparing and delivering educational seminars on a variety of health and fitness conditioning topics for a diverse clientele;
- Integrating and working collaboratively with Strength & Conditioning colleagues and other members of the Fortius Practitioner team (physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, performance vision, hydrotherapist, etc.);
- Assisting Fortius’ business development efforts by pursuing new contacts and clients;
- Actively participating in departmental meetings and staff training sessions to improve the Fortius Strength & Conditioning department’s systems and processes and standard of delivery.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education (preferably a Master’s) with a focus on Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sports Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a practicing Strength & Conditioning Coach in a multi-disciplinary environment, coaching individuals, teams and groups;
- An understanding of the Long Term Athlete Development and Youth Physical Development Models as well as experience coaching youth ages 11-16;
- Current strength and conditioning credentials are expected (i.e CSCS, ASCC, ASCA);
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications;
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality;
- Additional certifications would be considered assets (i.e. CSEP-CEP, ACSM-CEP, ISAK, Pilates, USAW, BWL).
Some of the Perks
- Discounted Fitness & Performance Centre membership and team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- May be eligible for coverage under our comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
*All successful candidates will be subject to a background check, including criminal and education verification.