National Coaching Certification Program: Performance Planning
December 7, 2019 8:30 am - December 8, 2019 3:30 pm
THIS IS A TWO DAY COURSE (December 7: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and December 8: 9 am – 3:30 pm)
In order to achieve peak performance, an athlete’s training program needs to be periodized according to the demands of their sport, as well as their individual development needs. The Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan, and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance.
This 12.25-hour module is a perfect next-step after the Design a Basic Sport Program module. It is recommended that the Performance Planning module be taken before the Advanced Practice Planning module.
After completing the Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high-performance) level;
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within your own program;
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- organize and sequence priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations; and
- evaluate the ability of your athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
INCLUDES: approximately 2-hour pre-workshop session
To enroll in this multi-sport coaching module today, please click here:https://www.coach.ca/-p140586 and then click on your Province or Territory for more information.