We are excited to welcome members and clients back to the Fortius Fitness & Performance Centre (FPC) for a phased re-opening starting June 15, 2020!
It was important to us not to rush our re-opening, but to do it the right way. We are committed to the health of our clients, team members and community, which is why we took the extra time and precautions to re-open with the highest of safety standards.
In this first phase, we are excited to re-open FPC Membership and Personal Training/Private Coaching.
Starting June 15, our new FPC hours will be:
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Please read the below carefully for a detailed update on our re-opening strategy, safety protocols and FAQs. We look forward to seeing many of you soon!
Our new membership guidelines ensure your health and safety comes first. Our 15,000 sq. ft Fitness & Performance Centre has been remodeled into training zones to maximize social distancing while maintaining a world-class training environment. This new model will require members to pre-book their workouts online, choosing the zone that best meets their training needs each day.
- Each member has access to one zone per day for a 75min training block
- When choosing your zone, ensure it has the equipment that meets your training needs for the duration of your work out.
- A maximum of 3 – 5 members can book in each zone per 75min block
- We have scheduled 15mins between blocks to sanitize each zone before the next group arrives.
Click here for the list of cardio and strength training equipment in each zone:
ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST
ONLINE MEMBER ZONE BOOKING
Book your next training block now using your online Mindbody account! Book up to seven days in advance. Reminder: Drop-ins are not available at this time.
If you are unable to book using our online tools, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note no one will be taking live calls before June 15.
We understand things come up. If you are no longer able to make your training session, please do your best to cancel as soon as possible to ensure other members can access your training block. To ensure a fair booking process for all members, please note our member booking cancellation policies:
- Cancellations must be made at least 12 hours prior to your training block through your MindBody Online Schedule or the MindBody App.
- If you late cancel or no show a $5.00 fee will be charged to your credit card on file.
- If you are experiencing fever or illness after the 12-hour window has passed, please call us directly at 604.292.2502 and we will waive the late cancel fee.
We are excited to resume private coaching for individual and semi-private training (up to 4 clients per coach). We have allocated a private coaching/personal training zone to ensure social distancing can be maintained throughout every session. This zone will not be shared by members, but will be reserved for coaches and private coaching clients only.
Private Coaching SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We have allocated space to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times, therefore it will not be mandatory for clients or coaches to wear masks during private coaching sessions, unless they choose to. Coaches will wear a mask upon client’s request.
- Coaches will wash/sanitize their hands at the beginning and end of each training session.
- No physical contact during a training session unless it is absolutely necessary to ensure a clients’ safety.
- No fist bumps or high fives.
- No touching of the weights or equipment during your session.
Clients will be asked to clean equipment before and after use. Private coaching zones will also be cleaned between every client.
ARRIVAL & LEAVING THE FPC
- Private coaching clients will be asked to check-in for their session at the gymnasium doors on Level 1 in the Atrium (see Level 1 map).
- The gymnasium doors will remain locked between training sessions.
- Your coach will come and greet you at the gymnasium door to bring you to the private coaching zone.
- Exit through the same gymnasium doors on level 1 immediately after your session has ended.
- We are not able to take re-bookings at the desk at this time. Please call or email to book additional sessions.
Note: We will automatically extend the expiry date for three months on all private coaching packs purchased prior to our temporary closure.
REMEMBER: If you begin to feel unwell leading up to your training time, please contact us immediately to reschedule.
Anyone who has travelled outside of B.C. within 14 days, or who has been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 will be asked to follow mandatory 14-day self-isolation before booking a training time.
Closely following health authority guidelines, we have implemented the highest safety standards and measures. This means things will look a bit different during this first phase of re-opening:
- Change rooms, lockers and showers will be temporarily closed and access to our Atrium washrooms will be limited.
- In an effort to keep our facility as safe as possible, items that are difficult to sanitize will not be provided at this time. This includes, but is not limited to: towels, mats and foam rollers.
- Water fountains will be temporarily closed.
- Our sauna and steam rooms will be temporarily closed.
Equipment will be sanitized between every 75min member training block, and between every 60min private coaching session. We are also proud to work with a third party cleaning company who will deep clean and sanitize the FPC every evening.
We are excited to welcome Small Group Training and SportSTRONG Youth Training clients back to the facility this summer for a modified 6-week cycle! We’ve put together a new set of safety protocols that will allow us to provide energizing, challenging and fun classes, while maintaining the health and safety of clients and coaches.
How frequently will you be sanitizing equipment?
Equipment will sanitized between every 75min member training block, and between every 60min private coaching session. We are also proud to work with a third party cleaning company who will deep clean and sanitize the FPC every evening.
What sanitizing methods will be in place for clients to clean equipment during their session?
There will be at least one disinfectant spray bottle and paper towels in each zone. Clients will be required to clean equipment before and after use.
Do I have to wear a mask while working out?
A mask is not required to train at the Fitness & Performance Centre. Our new “zone” model allows for adequate physical distancing while in the facility.
What cleaning product are you using to disinfect?
Our cleaning and sanitization product is on the list of Health Canada’s approved hard-surface disinfectants for COVID-19.
Will you be testing or screening clients before coming into the FPC?
All clients will be screened with a health questionnaire before entering the FPC.
Will membership fees stay the same?
Yes, our membership fees remain the same at this time.
How often can you book workout blocks?
Workout blocks can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Each member has access to book one 75min training block per day.
Will you charge a fee if a member doesn’t show up for their training block?
Yes, if a member misses their training block, or cancels outside of our 12-hour cancellation window, a $5.00 fee will be automatically charged to their account.
Will you allow new members or clients to join?
Yes, we are excited to welcome new members to the facility. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.
How many people will be allowed in the fitness centre at any given time?
Each membership zone will have a maximum of 3 – 5 persons at a time, and each private coaching/personal training zone will have a maximum of 5 persons and a coach.
How will equipment be shared in each zone?
Equipment in each zone will be shared by 3 to 5 members. Please be considerate of your fellow zone members by rotating time on high demand equipment and limiting use of cardio machines to 30 minutes per training block. Clients are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use with the provided cleaning supplies.
Will I have access to the lifting platforms on Level 1?
In order to provide the safest possible training environment, lifting platforms will be limited to the private coaching zone at this time. One lifting platform is available in Zone B, and squat racks are available in Zone B, C and E.
Will the gymnasium/basketball courts be open?
Currently, our gymnasium and basketball court remains closed to the public.
Can we workout with a friend or teammate?
Social distancing will be mandatory throughout the training session. You can work out with a training partner as long as social distancing is maintained.
My private coaching sessions were cancelled during the temporary closure, how do I re-book?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to resume your private coaching sessions. After June 15th, we will also take bookings over the phone at 604.292.2502.
Will I get the same training days/time slot I had before?
Training days and times may shift to accommodate our new zone booking schedule and cleaning etiquette. Please email us as soon as possible if you would like to re-book your private coaching sessions.
My pack expired during the closure, how do I access those expired classes?
We will automatically extend the expiry date for three months on all private coaching packs purchased prior to our temporary closure.
Are group classes available (Pilates, SGT, SportSTRONG, LifelongSTRONG)?
To ensure the health and safety of our clients, only Small Group Training and SportSTRONG group programs are currently available. These will run on a 6-week modified summer cycle.
Is PowerWatts re-open?
Due to the proximity of the equipment and the nature of the environment, this service will not be available at this time. We are working to bring this in the coming phases.