The Fortius Fitness & Performance Centre (FPC) is committed to the health of our clients, team members and community.
Our current services include: FPC Membership, Personal Training/Private Coaching, Small Group Training and SportSTRONG/GirlSTRONG Youth Training.
Visit our FPC contact page for the latest hours of operation.
Please read the below carefully for a detailed update on our safety protocols and FAQs.
Our new membership guidelines ensure your health and safety comes first. Our 15,000 sq. ft Fitness & Performance Centre has been remodeled into training zones to maximize social distancing while maintaining a world-class training environment. This new model will require members to pre-book their workouts online, choosing the zone that best meets their training needs each day.
- Each member has access to one zone per day for a 75min training block
- When choosing your zone, ensure it has the equipment that meets your training needs for the duration of your work out.
- A maximum of 3 – 5 members can book in each zone per 75min block
- We have scheduled 15mins between blocks to sanitize each zone before the next group arrives.
Click here for the list of cardio and strength training equipment in each zone:
ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST
ONLINE MEMBER ZONE BOOKING
Book your next training block now using your online Mindbody account! Book up to seven days in advance. Reminder: Drop-ins are not available at this time.
If you are unable to book using our online tools, contact us at 604.292.2502 or email@example.com.
We understand things come up. If you are no longer able to make your training session, please do your best to cancel as soon as possible to ensure other members can access your training block. To ensure a fair booking process for all members, please note our member booking cancellation policies:
- Cancellations must be made at least 6 hours prior to your training block through your MindBody Online Schedule or the MindBody App.
- If you late cancel or no show a $5.00 fee will be charged to your credit card on file.
- If you are experiencing fever or illness after the 6-hour window has passed, please call us directly at 604.292.2502 and we will waive the late cancel fee.
We are excited to offer private coaching for individual and semi-private training (up to 4 clients per coach). We have allocated a private coaching/personal training zone that is not shared by members, and reserved for coaches and private coaching clients only.
Private Coaching SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Coaches will wear a mask at all times during the session.
- Coaches will wash/sanitize their hands at the beginning and end of each training session.
- No physical contact during a training session unless it is absolutely necessary to ensure a clients’ safety.
- No fist bumps or high fives.
- No touching of the weights or equipment during your session.
Clients will be asked to clean equipment before and after use. Private coaching zones will also be cleaned between every client.
ARRIVAL & LEAVING THE FPC
- Private coaching clients will be asked to check-in for their session at the gymnasium doors on Level 1 in the Atrium
- The gymnasium doors will remain locked between training sessions.
- Your coach will come and greet you at the gymnasium door to bring you to the private coaching zone.
- Exit through the same gymnasium doors on level 1 immediately after your session has ended.
- We are not able to take re-bookings at the desk at this time. Please call or email to book additional sessions.
Note: We will automatically extend the expiry date for three months on all private coaching packs purchased prior to our temporary closure.
REMEMBER: If you begin to feel unwell leading up to your training time, please contact us immediately to reschedule.
Anyone who has travelled outside of B.C. within 14 days, or who has been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 will be asked to follow mandatory 14-day self-isolation before booking a training time.
Closely following health authority guidelines, we have implemented the highest safety standards and measures. This means things will look a bit different during our re-opening:
- Change rooms, lockers and showers will be temporarily closed and access to our Atrium washrooms will be limited.
- In an effort to keep our facility as safe as possible, items that are difficult to sanitize will not be provided at this time. This includes, but is not limited to: towels, mats and foam rollers.
- Water fountains will be temporarily closed.
- Our sauna and steam rooms will be temporarily closed.
Equipment will be sanitized between every 75min member training block, and between every 60min private coaching session. We are also proud to work with a third party cleaning company who will deep clean and sanitize the FPC every evening.
The following group fitness programs are currently running through to the end of our fall program cycle. Please see the latest notice at the top of this page regarding temporary program suspension.
How frequently will you be sanitizing equipment?
Equipment will sanitized between every 75min member training block, and between every 60min private coaching session. We are also proud to work with a third party cleaning company who will deep clean and sanitize the FPC every evening.
What sanitizing methods will be in place for clients to clean equipment during their session?
There will be at least one disinfectant spray bottle and paper towels in each zone. Clients will be required to clean equipment before and after use.
Do I have to wear a mask while working out?
A mask is not required to train at the Fitness & Performance Centre. Our new “zone” model allows for adequate physical distancing while in the facility.
What cleaning product are you using to disinfect?
Our cleaning and sanitization product is on the list of Health Canada’s approved hard-surface disinfectants for COVID-19.
Will you be testing or screening clients before coming into the FPC?
All clients will be screened with a health questionnaire before entering the FPC.
How often can you book workout blocks?
Workout blocks can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Each member has access to book one 75min training block per day.
Will you charge a fee if a member doesn’t show up for their training block?
Yes, if a member misses their training block, or cancels outside of our 12-hour cancellation window, a $5.00 fee will be automatically charged to their account.
How many people will be allowed in the fitness centre at any given time?
Each membership zone will have a maximum of 3 – 5 persons at a time, and each private coaching/personal training zone will have a maximum of 5 persons and a coach.
How will equipment be shared in each zone?
Equipment in each zone will be shared by 3 to 5 members. Please be considerate of your fellow zone members by rotating time on high demand equipment and limiting use of cardio machines to 30 minutes per training block. Clients are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use with the provided cleaning supplies.
Can we workout with a friend or teammate?
Social distancing will be mandatory throughout the training session. You can work out with a training partner as long as social distancing is maintained.
My private coaching sessions were cancelled during the temporary closure, how do I re-book?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.292.2502 to re-book your private coaching sessions.
Are group classes available (Pilates, SGT, SportSTRONG, LifelongSTRONG)?
To ensure the health and safety of our clients, only Small Group Training and SportSTRONG group programs are currently available.
Is PowerWatts open?
Due to the proximity of the equipment and the nature of the environment, this service will not be available at this time.