CLINIC RE-OPENINGMay 14, 2020
To Fortius Clients & Patrons,
On Wednesday, May 6th the government provided some positive and encouraging news as the Province prepares for Phase 2 of their Restart Plan. Prior to this announcement we had been working to establish and implement our own phased re-opening plan that will allow us to safely welcome some of our clients back through our doors.
Starting May 27, 2020, the Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic will re-open on a limited schedule. Pending approval from the Provincial Health Officer and respective Colleges, we plan to resume Sports Medicine, Performance Vision, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy services.
We will begin by offering services Wednesday to Saturday:
- Wednesday – Friday: 7:00am to 1:30pm
- Saturday: 8:30am to 2:30pm
We will continue to offer virtual telemedicine and telehealth physiotherapy. In addition, we’ve recently launched virtual sports nutrition services and are working to add virtual personal training in the near future.
Closely following health authority guidelines, we have implemented all necessary safety measures to ensure the health of our team members and clients. This includes rigorous cleaning schedules, protective shields, health screening, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and physical distancing protocols.
We will also ask clients to follow our new mandatory clinic guidelines:
BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- All appointments must be booked over email. We recommend updating your credit card on file at this time to streamline check-in.
- If you begin to feel unwell leading up to your appointment, we ask that you contact us immediately to reschedule.
- Anyone who has travelled outside of B.C. within 14 days, or who has been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 will be asked to follow mandatory 14-day self-isolation before booking an appointment.
ARRIVING AT THE FACILITY
- Enter through the front Atrium doors no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Attend appointments alone unless a specific circumstance has been identified and pre-approved by Fortius and the practitioner.
- Come dressed in appropriate attire. Please note washroom access will be limited and change rooms are currently closed.
- Follow signage directly to the clinic reception desk to check-in.
- Payment will be required upon arrival using a card on file, or Visa/MC/debit only.
- Put on the new medical grade mask provided to you at check-in, and wear it the entire time you are in the facility.
- Following check-in, remain in the waiting room, practicing social distancing, until a member of our team comes to collect you for your appointment.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A Fortius team member will escort you to a designated hand washing station—gloves (if applicable) must be removed at this time.
- A Fortius team member will escort you to your sanitized treatment room.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You will be asked to exit through our back courtyard doors immediately following the conclusion of your appointment.
- Book your next appointment via email.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take the right steps to ensure a safe re-opening for our community. We can’t wait to see many of you soon.
Stay healthy and well,
Fortius President & CEO
Dear Fortius Clients & Patrons,
Since making the decision to temporarily close our facility on March 16, the COVID-19 pandemic has continued to escalate, and the urgency to stay home and protect our community is stronger than ever.
With this in mind, we are taking additional measures to extend our temporary closure until we know with certainty we can provide a safe environment for our team members, clients and community.
LODGE & ATRIUM
We’ve made the difficult but important decision to close the Fortius Lodge, effective March 26 at 3:00pm. Pharmasave will continue to provide essential services for those who need medication. Please contact them directly at 604.294.2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPORTS MEDICINE CLINIC & LAB
All in-person appointments that fall within the closure period will be temporarily cancelled and clients will be put on a priority waitlist. Clients will be contacted for re-booking into the earliest available appointments once we re-open.
FITNESS & PERFORMANCE CENTRE
All memberships will remain suspended and auto-payments deferred. Any sessions that fall within the closure period will be temporarily cancelled and we will do our best to reschedule clients at the earliest possible date once we re-open. Clients in our winter and spring programs will be credited any remaining unused sessions.
GYMNASIUM, PITCH, MEETING ROOMS & BISTRO
Our Gymnasium, Pitch, Meeting Rooms and Bistro remain closed and no new bookings will be confirmed until we re-open.
The Fortius team continues to practice social distancing at home, and are already counting down the days until we can return together, united in helping you reach your health, fitness and sport goals.
While we navigate the coming days and weeks together, your health and well-being remain our top priority. We encourage you to stay focused on your health and fitness routines. Follow along with our home workouts on Instagram or Facebook and tag us @fortiuscentre #FortiusSTRONG so we can continue to inspire each other.
If you have an urgent inquiry, a member of our team will be available via phone at 604.292.2500 Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Please note our response time may be delayed.
Thank you for your continued patience and kindness, and we look forward to seeing you in the facility again soon.
Fortius President & CEO