Home Workout Series #8: Glute WorkApril 29, 2020 | by Fortius Sport & Health
In times like these, our physical and mental health are a top priority.
While our doors are temporarily closed to protect the health of our community, we asked our coaches to put together some of their favourite workouts to help you stay active at home. Did you miss workouts 1 – 7? Scroll to the bottom of this page to check them out!
This mini workout will help target and strengthen your glute muscles. All three exercises can be performed in a set, or you can start by trying the first two exercises and progressing to the third exercise.
Warm-up: warm up with these three mobility exercise from workout # 3
1. SINGLE LEG Glute Bridge: 3 sets x 10 reps each SIDE
- Lying on your back with knees bent, push your hips off the ground with one foot as high as you can.
- Keep a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- To make it easier, keep both feet on the ground
2. Standing Wall Clamshells: 3 sets x 6 reps each side
- Stand about one step length away from a wall or tree.
- Place one foot back behind you, driving your heel back into the wall but keeping weight on your front leg.
- Open your back knee out in a ‘clamshell’, maintaining pressure through your heel into the wall.
If you have mastered exercises 1 & 2 you can progress to exercise 3 below.
3. Side Plank + Clamshells: 3 sets x 10 reps each side
- In a side plank position, bend your knees so your feet are tucked up.
- Lift your pelvis off the ground, keeping your hips and shoulders ‘stacked’.
- Open your top knee for the ‘clamshell’.