Home Workout Series #9: Lower Body PosteriorApril 30, 2020
In times like these, our physical and mental health are a top priority.
While our doors are temporarily closed to protect the health of our community, we asked our coaches to put together some of their favourite workouts to help you stay active at home. Did you miss workouts #1 – #8? Scroll to the bottom of this page to check them out!
lower body posterior
Tired of doing squats and lunges? Try adding in some hamstring exercises to balance out the at-home workouts.
Warm-up: warm up with these three mobility exercise from workout # 3
1. Backpack Stiff Leg Hinge: 3 sets x 8 reps
- Fill a backpack with books, water bottles or heavy objects.
- Stand with knees soft.
- Holding the bag in front of you, slide the bag down your legs, keeping your back straight and knees soft.
- Feel for a stretch in your hamstrings.
2. Hamstring Bridge March: 3 sets x 12 reps each side
- With a chair, bench or couch, place the back of your heels on top of the surface (do not put your feet on the corner).
- Lift your hips off the ground and maintaining a flat back, march your heels up and down.
- Keep your hips tucked under to avoid over-using your lower back.