Recipe of the month: Mango, Feta and Almond SaladJune 23, 2017
A fresh summer salad just in time for barbeque and patio weather! Mangos are a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
TIPS FROM YOUR DIETITIAN
Half a mango makes up one serving of your daily fruit and vegetable needs and 40% of your daily vitamin C requirements. Have an unripe mango? Put it in a paper bag with a banana or an apple at room temperature, and it will ripen faster.
Makes 4 servings
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1oz (30g) reduced fat feta cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients of the vinaigrette.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cheese, spinach and almonds.
- Incorporate the vinaigrette and toss well.
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING)
Total kcal: 203kcal
- Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
Visit our website to learn more about our sport nutrition dietitians. Call 604.292.2501 to book your appointment today!