Recipe of the Month: Summer Strawberry SlushieJuly 3, 2018 | by Melissa Kazan, Fortius Sports Dietitian
Quench your thirst this summer with this guilt free Strawberry Slushie. No artificial flavors and no refined sugars, just fresh whole fruits.
TIPS FROM YOUR DIETITIAN
For parents who have picky eaters at home, this fun beverage is a great way to get your kids to meet their vitamin and fiber needs. In fact, 1 cup of strawberries provides 3g of fiber and up to 100-200% of the vitamin C needs for adults and kids respectively.
Change this recipe up and try these different flavor combinations: watermelon and mint; mango and lime or mango and vanilla.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 cups chopped frozen strawberries
- 2 basil leaves
- Squeeze of lime, to taste
- 2 tbsps. honey
HOW TO MAKE IT (makes 2 servings)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until it is all combined and you have reached slushy consistency! You can add ice cubes to adjust consistency to your liking.
- Serve immediately while still cold.
Per 1 serving:
- Calories 120kcal
- Fat 0g
- Carbohydrate 32g (fibre 3g)
- Protein 1g