Summer Salad Recipe: Watermelon SaladJuly 24, 2020 | by Fortius Sport & Health
Did you know watermelon can be a great way to help meet your daily hydration needs?
This is a refreshing salad to serve at family BBQs this summer, or a lunch option paired with a source of protein.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled, low-fat feta
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1 lime, cut into four slices *optional
Note: For a dairy free option try swapping out feta for vegan feta, or mixed it up by adding avocado in place of feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion and mint.
- Pour over dressing and toss. Serve with a lime wedge.
- 290 kcal
- 21g fat
- 13g carbs
- 2g fibre
- 14g protein