Adrienne Sim – Maternity Leave
Adrienne Sim trained in Perth, Australia and has been working as a Physiotherapist since 2010. She completed Post Graduate studies in Continence and Women’s Health in 2014. Adrienne brings her years of experience in the specialized area of Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction to the Fortius team. Adrienne’s areas of focus include bladder and bowel incontinence/dysfunction in women and men as well as pre/postnatal care, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain management. She treats specifically with integration into basic function as well as for higher level performance. Adrienne is also trained in clinical mat and reformer Pilates through Stott Pilates Rehab and integrates her knowledge of pelvic health into her Pilates classes. Adrienne is passionate about assisting women to maintain their function and activity levels during pregnancy and return safely to exercise and sport after birth and is actively working to advocate and improve pelvic health awareness and accessibility in BC.
- Master of Physiotherapy, Curtin University – Perth, Australia
- Graduate Certificate Clinical Physiotherapy in Continence and Women’s Health, Curtin University – Perth, Australia
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics – Exercise Science, University of British Columbia
- Stott Pilates Rehab – Mat and Reformer
- Figure Skating
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- College of Physical Therapists of BC
learn more about Adrienne
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Adrienne Sim tells us what inspired her to start working in pelvic health physiotherapy. She also tells us what myths are out there about pelvic health, and divulges the superpower she would like to have.