Manager | Strength & Conditioning
Akriti is a Strength & Conditioning Coach and the Program Manager for Youth Athlete Development at Fortius. With an academic background in sport and exercise science, Akriti brings with her a range of different experiences in strength and conditioning. From working with professional cricket in England and National Basketball in India to training collegiate athletes at the University of Toronto, she has worked with a variety of sports such as volleyball, American football, field hockey, ice hockey, tennis, golf, rowing, swimming, baseball, wrestling, marathon, rugby. She has a keen interest in ACL injury prevention having suffered through two torn ACLs, and the application of biomechanics and physiology to training.
Having accumulated experience in multiple contexts Akriti is very adaptive to situations and different types of athletes. She understands the differences between training an International level athlete and a 10 year old, and that spectacular performances do not happen overnight but are influenced by the little things done consistently.
- Bsc. (hons.) Sport and Exercise Science, Leeds Metropolitan University UK
- Master of Kinesiology (Coaching Science) UBC
- Basketball (Indian Squad at the U-19 Asian Championships 2002)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, University of Toronto
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Basketball Federation of India
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Level 1 ISAK anthropometrist