Strength and Conditioning Coach
Ashley Capewell joins Fortius as a Strength and Conditioning coach from London, England. He has vast experience working with athletes within a range of sports, including university level athletes, elite level youth Cricket, professional Rugby and national-level weightlifters. Ashley also worked with athletes from England Athletics for a number of years, and traveled the world as a ski instructor. Educated in the UK, Ashley holds a Bachelors degree in Sports Coaching Science from Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales, and a Masters Degree in Strength and Conditioning from Northumbria University, England. “I moved here for the mountains”. Ashley is an avid skier and cyclist. He previously played a high level of cricket and competed as an amateur weightlifter for a number of years. Although he no longer competes in these sports, he enjoys any activities that get him outside.
- MSc Strength and Conditioning, Northumbria University, UK
- BSc Sports Coaching, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Three seasons working very closely with individual athletes within England Athletics.
- Olympic weightlifting coach in multiple competitive clubs and still has a keen interest into the sport of weightlifting.
- Jonithan Illori – International Triple jump athlete – Top 3 in the UK
- Kent County Cricket – Developed the Youth Long Term Athletic Development Programme
- Rotherham Titans – Professional Rugby Team in the English Championship
- Coached Triple Jumper Jonithan Ilori (England Athletics) through two shoulder surgeries to have the best two seasons of his career: winning the English championships, placing third at the British championships and qualifying for the European Athletics Championships.
- Coached Rotherham Titans RUFC through the 2015/16 season, reducing the non impact injury rate by over 40%.
- Accredited by the UKSCA (ASCC) and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS) by the NSCA
- Affiliated as a Level 2 CSIA Ski Instructor and Race Coach
- Many other coaching qualifications in Weightlifting, Basketball, Cricket, and Trampoline
learn more about ASHLEY
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Ashley Capewell tells us what motivated him to become a strength & conditioning coach and explains his coaching style. He also tells us what emojis best describe him, and weighs in on the coffee versus tea debate.