A member of the physiotherapy team at Fortius Sport & Health, Chris Perrey brings 10 years of experience working with athletes of all levels, from recreational to elite. This has included over 12 years’ experience in professional rugby and netball, as well as a wealth of other sports. As a 400m runner for over 20 years, and now a long-course triathlete, he has a particular interest in running-related injuries and in lower limb tendon rehabilitation. He is the current Head Physiotherapist with the Canadian National Senior Women’s Rugby 15s.
- Masters of Physiotherapy (Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia)
- Clinical Masters degree in Sports Physiotherapy (Curtin University)
- Clinical Masters degree in Musculoskeletal (Manipulative) Physiotherapy (Curtin University)
- Certified in dry needling
- FCAMPT qualified
- Triathlon, including work with all three disciplines individually (swim, cycle, run)
- Canadian National Senior Women’s Rugby 15s
- West Coast Fever Netball Team
- Super Rugby Academy, and state and provincial rugby teams
- Western Australian Institute of Sport
- Sports Physiotherapist for netball at the Commonwealth Games 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CHRIS
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Chris Perrey tells us what his favourite part of working as a physiotherapist, and lets us know what one person in the world he would like to invite over for dinner.