Damien Moroney Senior Leadership Team
Damien Moroney is a physical therapist and certified strength and conditioning specialist with more than two decades of experience working with community members and professional athletes from the NHL, NWSL, NBA, PGA tour, Cirque Du Soleil and X Games.
Damien also has concurrent professional roles with B2ten and the Red Bull High Performance Program.
B2ten's purpose is to make a significant contribution to Olympic sport in Canada.
Damien has been a part of the leadership team since 2008. This has enabled him the opportunity to engage a select group of Olympic medal potential individuals in various phases of their preparation, rehabilitation, training and competitions. He has consulted with athletes involved in a broad range of National team sports including BMX racing, downhill and slope-style skiing, snowboarding, bobsleigh, soccer, rugby and athletics. In his current role as an advisor and consultant for Red Bull Canada, Damien is assisting athletes in planning their performance objectives and managing injuries or post-surgical rehabilitations. He will co-ordinate their progressive return from injury to their training environment and international competitions.
Damien is excited to be part of the interdisciplinary, integrated service provider team at Fortius Sport & Health. He is excited about the ability for the Centre to provide comprehensive sport specific assessments, develop individual performance goals plus deliver purposeful rehabilitation and training plans for a wide variety of sports. He enjoys collaborating and contributing to the culture of excellence that Fortius offers to performance athletes and active members of the community.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (with distinction), University of Alberta
- Youth soccer, hockey, tennis, badminton, volleyball
- Red Bull Canada
- Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton
- Red Mountain Ski and Sport Academy
- Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre
- PGA Tour Players
- Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
- Western Hockey League Trainers Association
- Hockey Canada – Women’s Team Program
- Cirque Du Soleil – Alegria
Highlight events attended as a Therapist and/or Performance Consultant:
- Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics – Snowboard Canada – Slope-style
- Kitzbuhel, Wengen, Val Gardenia, Kvitfjell – Super G/Downhill Races
- London 2012 Summer Olympic Games – Cycling Canada – BMX racing
- Winter X Games, Winter Dew Tour Events
- BMX Racing World Championships – Copenhagen, Aukland
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games -Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton
- British Open, PGA Championship, Pebble Beach PGA
- Cirque du Soleil – Alegria
- Adolescent athlete development
- Sport specific evaluation processes
- Stability dysfunction and retraining
- Movement training for performance
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- College of Physical Therapist of BC
- Certified Gunn Inter-Muscular Stimulation – dry needling
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)