Dr. Tanya Cabrita
Physiatrist and Sports Medicine Physician
Dr. Tanya Cabrita joins Fortius as a Physiatry specialist and Sports medicine physician. She has a unique combination of training, skills and experience blending innovative expertise in spine, sports and pain medicine. She chose Physiatry as she has passion and enthusiasm to help patients make positive changes in their lives. Dr. Cabrita’s focus is on wellness, lifelong activity, injury prevention and athletic performance. Her clinical practice includes musculoskeletal, spine and sport injuries, arthritis and pain conditions, sport concussions, preventative health and wellness medicine. She has advanced training in diagnostic ultrasound, peripheral joint and tendon injections and procedures including regenerative therapies and electrodiagnostic testing. Dr. Cabrita completed her undergraduate degree in Integrated Sciences at UBC and medical school in London, England. She did residency training in both Family Medicine; 2 years and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 3 years. She then completed advanced Fellowship training in Sports Medicine. She is Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with added qualification in Sports Medicine. Dr. Cabrita is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of the community and encouraging exercise as medicine. She enjoys an active lifestyle and has extensive experience providing medical coverage for several high schools, universities, community teams and organizations of all athletic abilities including professional throughout the years.
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Qualification of Sports Medicine
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, University of Kansas.
- Residency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Emory University.
- Residency, Family Medicine, Atlanta Medical Center.
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, St. Christopher’s College of Medicine, London, England.
- Bachelor of Sciences, Honors, Integrated Sciences, University of British Columbia
- Current Licensure in Medicine and Surgery College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC, Washington, Georgia.
- Physiatry and Sport Medicine Specialist, Fortius Sport and Health and UBC Allan McGavin Sports Centre
- Former practice EvergreenHealth Sport and Spine Care, Kirkland, Washington
- Former Contractor for Veteran Evaluation Services and CenseoHealth
- EvergreenHealth Sport and Safety Advisory Board
- SafeKids Eastside Coalition
- Medical Director for CrossFire Premiere Soccer Tournament U9-19
- Yahoo Canada- Performance Enhancing Drug Interview
- KING 5 News/New Day Northwest: Concussion Interview
- KOMO/KVI Radio Talks
- Case presentations ACSM, AMSSM, AAPM&R, AAP
- Book Chapters: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference Series
- Publications: Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise and Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine
- Rehab in Review Journal, Author and Editor
- Juanita HS Football, Kirkland WA
- Wichita Wingnuts Professional: American Association of Independent Baseball
- Wichita Wings-Professional: Major Indoor Soccer League
- Wichita Thunder-Minor League-Central Hockey League
- Wichita State University NCAA Div 1, MBB, WBB, WVB, XC/Track, BB, SB, Golf, Tennis, Dance, Cheer
- Newman University NCAA Div 2 MS, WS, MBB, WBB, WVB, SB, XC/TRK, Golf, Tennis, Wrestling, Cheer
- Atlanta Silverbacks Coed Soccer, Atlanta Men’s League BB
- Medical coverage: Combat Games Mixed Martial Arts, Seattle Mist Women’s Football, Women’s NBA, Atlanta Dream, Mixed Martial Arts and Muay Thai, Georgia Fighters, Atlanta Publix Georgia Marathon and Atlanta Special Olympics.
- Musculoskeletal/Spine/Sports Medicine
- Sport Concussion Management
- MSK Ultrasound and procedures
- Athletic Performance
- Preventative Health
- Regenerative Medicine
- Wellness Medicine
- Clinical Instructor, Department of PM&R, University of British Columbia
- Doctors of British Columbia
- Doctors of BC Section of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- BC Concussion Advisory Network
- Canadian Medical Association
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American Academy of PM&R (AAPMR)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Advanced Team Physician
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)