Emanuel is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) within the practitioner team at the Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic. He first entered the wellness industry as a personal trainer in 2006, and graduated from Massage Therapy at the Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic in 2011. Emanuel has worked with a range of athletes in a variety of sports, including dancers with the National Ballet of Canada, and track and field athletes as part of the Integrated Support Team for Athletics Canada at various international competitions. Emanuel’s approach to training and rehabilitative therapy considers the whole body as a single unit and recognizes each individual’s needs. He utilizes soft tissue manual therapy techniques, myofascial release and joint mobilization in his practice.
- Massage Therapy Degree – Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic
- Strength & Conditioning
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Integrated Support Team for Athletics Canada
- University of Toronto Track & Field Team
- University of Guelph Track & Field Team
- 2015 NACAC Athletics Championships in Costa Rica
- 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships in Poland
- 2017 Jeux de la Francophonie in Ivory Coast
- 2017 Summer Universiade in Taipei, Taiwan
- Canadian Sport Massage Therapy Association
- Registered Massage Therapists Association of British Columbia
LEARN MORE ABOUT EMANUEL
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Emanuel Cheng tells us what inspired him to get into massage therapy, and tells us how massage therapy benefited his own MMA career.