Erik Torchia has been a member of the sport physiotherapy team at Fortius since our inaugural year. He is a graduate of Western University and Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapists. These, in conjunction with his Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy and his experience working in numerous professional and elite sporting cultures, allows Erik to provide exceptional holistic care for his clients. Erik’s extensive physiotherapy knowledge and integration with current best evidence provides targeted application to each unique individual athlete that he works with. He continues to participate in research directed at shoulder instability, travel and provide care for the Vancouver Stealth Lacrosse, and advocate for sport physiotherapy in Canada.
- Masters of Clinical Science in Manipulative Therapy from Western University
- Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation in Physical Therapy from the University of Manitoba
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy
- Internationally Registered Sport Physical Therapist
- Certified in Anatomical Acupuncture with the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
- History in ultimate frisbee, badminton, soccer, olympic weightlifting, and slalom skiing.
- Current repertoire includes running, skiing, downhill mountain biking, scuba diving, and surfing.
- NLL Vancouver Stealth Lacrosse
- Whitecaps Residency Program U16/U18
- Skate Canada
- Pan Am Games – Toronto 2015
- Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton – IBSF World Cup Circuit
- Vancouver Ice Dance Academy
- ITF Tennis
- Canada Soccer
- PGA Tour Canada
- World Curling Federation
- Rowing Canada.
- Assessment and management of shoulder instability.
- Rehabilitation, return to play and performance therapy care of the overhead athlete.
- Development of movement resilience and translation into sport in return to performance settings.
- Educational Coordinator and Committee Member with the BC division of Sport Physiotherapy Canada
- SPC2019 Organizing Committee Member
- Past Committee Member of the BC Congress of Sport Medicine
- Member of the Orthopaedic Division of Canada
- Member of Sport Physiotherapy Canada
- Licence holder with the College of Physical Therapists of BC
- Member of the Physiotherapy Association of BC and the Canadian Physiotherapy Association