Applied Sport Scientist, Biomechanics
As part of the Fortius Lab team within Fortius Sport & Health, Biomechanist Jessica Maurer brings wide ranging expertise and research and professional experience. From 2007 - 2013, Jessica worked at Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children as Gait Lab Engineer where she performed research on children with neuromuscular disorders. She has teaching experience at the University of Calgary, and assisted graduate students at the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University with biomechanics research projects. Jessica has been published in various referenced papers and has presented on topics as wide ranging as Restless Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, and Midfoot Breaks. She graduated from the University of Calgary with her Masters of Science in Biomedical Engineering (Mechanical) and is an expert in Gait Analysis, Motion Capture, Visual 3D and Plantar Pressures (Tekscan and Novel).
- M.Sc., Biomedical Engineering (Mechanical), University of Calgary
- B.Sc., Physics, University of Victoria
- Gait Lab Engineer, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- Master’s Thesis Project, University of Calgary
- Biomechanist, Fortius Sport & Health