Strength & Conditioning Coach | Hydrotherapy Coach | Performance Rehabilitation Coach
Katie joins Fortius from Sydney, Australia, with a breadth of experience both as a Strength Coach and Clinical Exercise Physiologist. Her passion lies in bridging the gap between acute injury rehabilitation and return to sport, aiming to fix and manage dysfunction before building more strength and capacity than before. Since completing her Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology in Sydney, Katie has run several strength programs for NSW Netball (U17 and U19 teams, Sydney Netball Academy) and injury rehabilitation integration for GWS Giants AFL Academy. An avid netballer herself, Katie has worked extensively with local netball clubs in Sydney to implement effective injury screening and strength training for talented younger athletes.
Katie has also worked in private Exercise Physiology with clinical populations, including PTSD, cardiac, musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation. When she’s not working, Katie loves being by and in the water, ocean swimming, paddle-boarding, windsurfing and sailing.
- Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology, Australian Catholic University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science), University of Sydney
- Netball (state squad level, NSW Australia)
- Rowing (Rowing Australia Talented Athlete Program)
- Recreationally: running, ocean swimming
- U17s and U19s NSW Netball Teams
- Sydney Netball Academy
- GWS Giants AFL Academy
- Clinical populations in cardiac, musculoskeletal and neurological rehab
- Range of recreational and aspiring athletes
- Netball NSW Strength Clinics
- Youth Development Programs in Netball and Rowing
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (ESSA)
- Accredited Sports Scientist (ESSA)
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCA)
Learn more about katie
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Katie Meredith tells us what inspires her to coach, and gives us Australian insight into the Vegemite/Marmite debate.