A member of the Physiotherapy team within the Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic, Katie has experience in sports & orthopaedic private practice, as well as with Varsity, Men's League, BC & National level sports teams.
Enjoying an active lifestyle herself, knowledge of various activity demands and movement patterns allows Katie to help clients return to participation in their activities. Her treatment approach involves a blend of manual therapy, individualized exercise prescription, and acupuncture. Katie enjoys working with individuals of all activity levels and values developing a client-therapist partnership in order to achieve her client's treatment goals. Furthermore, her treatment approach focuses not only on alleviating pain, but correcting muscle imbalance and joint dysfunction in order to prevent future injury.
Katie places importance on post-graduate education in order to remain as current and effective as possible in her physiotherapy practice. She has completed a second Masters degree involving advanced orthopaedic manual therapy skills as well as her Diploma in Sport Physiotherapy.
- Masters of Clinical Science in Manipulative Therapy, University of Western Ontario
- Masters of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia
- Dance: ballet, pointe, jazz, hip-hop
- Rock climbing, hiking, backpacking
- Canada Soccer
- Rugby Canada: National Men’s 15s, Maple leaf’s 7s
- BC Rugby: BC Bears, Pacific Rugby Challenge
- UBCOB Raven’s RFC Rugby Premier/Elite Men
- UBC Varsity Football
- UBC Athletics: Soccer, Field-hockey
- Sport Physiotherapy Canada: Sport Diploma
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT)
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI): Anatomical acupuncture