Lauren has been working as a locum at Fortius for 4 years and is excited to join the Physiotherapy team as a permanent member. She has been practising in Orthopaedics for 17 years and believes strongly in the Fortius model of a multi disciplinary approach to sport performance and injury prevention.
Lauren enjoys the challenge of working with each athlete's unique biomechanics and movement patterns while applying them to the demands of the individual's sport. She has treated clients from 5 to 86 years of age, from the elite to amateur to recreational level.
With Lauren's knowledge, clinical and on-field experience, she is dedicated to rehabilitating injuries, optimizing an athlete's performance and preventing injury. For the non-athletes, Lauren applies the same principles to helping people stay active and pursue their leisure activities. Lauren has served her profession as an Adjunct Professor at UBC in the Faculty of Medicine for 8 years, acted as Co-Chair of the BC Orthopaedic Division for 10 years and is a mentor for candidates pursuing their Fellowship in Manual Therapy and Masters degrees.
- Bachelor of Science Physical Therapy – University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts (Kinesiology) – University of Western Ontario
- Fellowship Academy of Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Running: Marathons, 50 km trail races
- Cycling: Ride to Conquer Cancer, Gran Fondos – Whistler and California
- Multisport events: Ironman, Sea to Summit 2 Day Adventure Race
- Varsity Field Hockey Team – University of Western Ontario
- Ice Hockey – Burnaby 8 Rinks, Canlan Ice Sports
- Canadian Women’s Soccer Team – U17
- Club Rugby – Meralomas, UBC Old Boys
- Provincial and National athletes: Basketball, Field Hockey, Judo, Karate, Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Triathalon, Ultimate, Lacrosse
- Masters Level athletes: Track, Swimming, Baseball, Dragon Boating, Hockey
- Youth athlete development, assessment and injury prevention
- Women’s Health – peri natal, osteoporosis
- Injury prevention and screening, movement retraining
- Member: CPA, PABC, CPTBC
- UBC Faculty of Medicine Rehabilitation Science
- Canadian Academy of Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Gunn IMS
- National Orthopaedic Division, CPA