Lorraine has been practicing as a Registered Massage Therapist since 2008. With a combined interest in human anatomy and health, Lorraine was drawn to pursue a career in massage therapy. She has continued her studies in anatomy and believes that having relevant knowledge of the human body provides a foundation for an effective and safe treatment. She also has international experience working in Australia in post-operative care. Lorraine has an interest in working with patients after various orthopaedic surgeries and knows the importance of physical rehab for optimal recovery. This can include scar tissue management, manual lymphatic drainage and range of movement exercises. Lorraine also has an interest in using myofascial release, deep tissue work, triggerpoint therapy and joint mobilizations to help realign the musculoskeletal structures. She enjoys treating a range of athletes at all levels and has experience working in prenatal and post-partum care, as well as systemic and neurological conditions.
- Scar tissue and incision management
- Lymphedema treatment after surgery
- Injury prevention related to sports
- Half marathons
- Massage therapy diploma 3000 hour, West Coast College of Massage Therapy
- College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC)
- Australia Natural Therapist Association (ANTA)