Matt Thompson is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) within the practitioner team of the Fortius Sports Medicine Clinic. Matt's passion for health and wellness began while playing elite level volleyball for the better part of a decade. He finished his volleyball career with 4 years of collegiate competition with the Loyalist Lancers men's volleyball team, playing an integral role in numerous provincial and national titles. Matt now competes extensively in trail running events ranging in distances from 25 km to over 100 miles. His primary clinical focus is working with endurance athletes ranging from elite world class ultra‑runners to the plethora of "weekend warriors" and recreational multi-sport athletes. Matt's commitment to you as a client is simple: Listen to your needs, assess the needs of your body and apply the knowledge he has gained to not only treat your body but empower you to improve your overall health and wellness.
- West Coast College of Massage Therapy 3000-hour program
- Volleyball: Four years CCAA Loyalist Lancers men’s team
- CCAA Academic All-Canadian
- Loyalist College Athlete of the Year
- Numerous trail running events including one 120 mile, one 100km, two 80km and three 50km ultramarathons
- Massage therapy and its relation to performance recovery
- Overuse injury management with endurance athletes