Strength & Conditioning Coach | Coordinator, HockeySTRONG
Matt Waddell joins Fortius Sport & Health after completing an 18-month world tour as the Strength & Conditioning Coach for China’s National Women’s Curling team, which took him around the globe and to the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics. Prior to his work in China, Matt dedicated 7 years to training elite level hockey players, having managed an on-ice development program for many of Vancouver’s NHL, AHL and European league players. While achieving a BSc from The Ohio State University, Matt played NCAA Div I Hockey as a proud Buckeye, and went on to enjoy a 10-year career as a professional hockey player himself. While Matt is passionate about hockey, golf, and basketball, he has enjoyed working with athletes of all ages and levels in a wide range of sports, from speed skating to snowboarding.
- Bachelors of Science, The Ohio State University
- Professional Hockey (AHL, ECHL, DEL2, NCAA)
- Various NHL Hockey Players
- Chinese National Women’s Curling Team
- Provincial Speed Skating
- National Hockey Team
- Pyeongchang Olympic Games
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – Chinese Olympic Curling Team
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – NHL athletes (off-season)
- On-Ice Development – NHL athletes (off-season)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Functional Movement Screen (Level 1)
LEARN MORE ABOUT MATT
In this one-minute Hot Seat video, Matt Waddell talks about his Division 1 hockey career at Ohio State and his move into strength & conditioning coaching. He also explains how his own hockey career impacts his work today with hockey players and athletes of all levels.