Strength and Conditioning Coach
Since arriving at Fortius as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist in 2013, Molly has helped to develop the Fortius HockeySTRONG program and has established small group performance training programs targeting active adults who are engaged in a wide range of sport and physical activities. She has also initiated a Strength & Conditioning Internship which accepted its first student in September 2015.
In nearly a decade of work in the sports performance industry, Molly O'Brien has worked in the collegiate setting (Springfield College, University of Louisville, and McMaster University), the professional/national team setting (Hockey Canada, AHL Springfield Falcons), and the private setting (Depth Training, Fortius Sport & Health). Her resume includes work with a number of professional, national, and Olympic athletes in a variety of sports including hockey, wrestling/combative sports, volleyball, and track and field. Molly actively coaches in the HockeySTRONG stream and with private clientele. She is always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to learn about, experience, and share information on health, wellness, and performance.
- Bachelors of Science (Kinesiology), Minor in Psychology, McMaster University
- Master of Science (Exercise Science: Strength and Conditioning Concentration), Springfield College (in progress)
- Wrestling (competed nationally & provincially in University & High school)
- Louisville Sport Performance (D1 Varsity Teams)
- Springfield Falcons (AHL)
- Hockey Canada (U18 NWT)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach, Depth Training
- Strength & Conditioning Coach, Hockey Canada
- Performance Specialist, Fortius Sport & Health
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Certified in weightlifting (USAW Level 1)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS Levels 1 & 2)