Dr. Nav Sohi
A native of Vancouver, British Columbia, Dr. Nav Sohi received his Bachelor of Kinesiology in Exercise Science at the University of the Fraser Valley. Upon graduation, he began work at Innovative Fitness in White Rock, specializing in sport specific training and developmental rehabilitation. Dr. Sohi received his chiropractic degree from Palmer West College in San Jose, California - nominated for clinical excellence and recognized for his service on the Executive Sports Council. Nav played over twelve different sports over the course of his childhood giving him the unique ability to understand the underlying biomechanics of each sport from the eyes of the athlete. He is a former Canadian National gold medalist in water polo and a three-time gold and two-time silver medalist as a coach at the National level.
He has experience training a wide variety of elite level athletes, ranging from water polo, tennis, mixed martial arts, volleyball, swimming, soccer to track and field. Many of whom have pursued scholarships to Stanford, USC, UCLA, University of Hawaii, SJSU, and University of Long Beach. His experience in the competitive world and his love for sport has fueled his passion and drive to research and apply diversified techniques, to give his patients the highest level of care. Dr. Sohi is a certified provider of Active Release Technique ART, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization DNS, Selective Functional Movement Assessment SFMA, Clinical Neurodynamic NDT, and Functional Range Conditioning FRC. Dr. Sohi appreciates the vibrant exercise culture the west coast has to offer. From waterskiing the lakes of the Sunshine Coast, to cycling the back roads of the Fraser Valley, to hiking the Grouse Grind or skiing the mountains of Whistler.
- Bachelor Kinesiology Exercise Science, University of the Fraser Valley
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Palmer West Chiropractic College
- Provincial Level Water Polo – BC Water Polo Association
- Highschool & Collegiate Track & Field
- Sport Specific Strength & Conditioning
- Santa Cruz International Triathlon Chiropractic Team 2017
- FICS Chiropractic Team – 2017 World Games in Wroclaw, Poland
- Subaru Sea Otter Classic Race Medical Team 2015 – 2017
- California Beach Volleyball Open Championship Chiropractic Team 2015 – 2016
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- BC Chiropractic Association
- International Federation of Sports Chiropractic
- Intra-abdominal pressure as an intervention for chronic and acute low back pain
- Manual therapy influence on ground reaction force production in Track & Field athletes
- Mechanotherapy and mechanotransduction in the role of therapy and active care for acute tissue injuries.
- Tendinopathy loading and deloading strategies for intervention, pain control and rehabilitation strategies.