Ryan Murray has been a Physiotherapist and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist for over 10 years. Ryan enjoys working with all levels of athletes to develop sport specific exercises to prevent re-injury and facilitate elite performance. Growing up playing high-contact sports like football, hockey and basketball he quickly became introduced to physiotherapy through his own personal injuries. The love of sports and competitive play has continued throughout his career, working with Olympic and National level athletes from a variety of sports.
Ryan has also worked closely with professional athletes from the NHL, WHL, NBA, NLL and CFL. He continues to explore new physical therapy techniques and has a specific interest in end stage rehabilitation and return to sport training. At Fortius, Ryan plays a key role in performance therapy with the HockeySTRONG program. He also has an interest and engagement in the ACL rehabilitation pathway. Ryan believes in establishing a strong sense of community. He enjoys an active lifestyle and has volunteered with many local high school and community teams throughout the years. An avid cyclist and triathlete, Ryan has participated in the Whistler GranFondo and multiple Triathlons.
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics (specializing in Exercise Science), University of British Columbia
- Masters of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia
- Football, Basketball, Cycling, Triathlon
- Vancouver Giants
- Junior and Senior Men’s Canadian National Field Hockey Team
- Men’s Premier Columbus FC Soccer Team
- Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Therapy (FCAMT)
- Certified IMS Practitioner
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Active Release Techniques (ART)