Originally from Germany, Solveig or “Sol” combined her career as a Communication Designer with her love for sports, outdoors and travel, building her reputation in many countries around Europe. She moved to Canada 10 years ago and landed in Vancouver 2016 and used her role as a cycling tour guide to explore BC’s beautiful landscape. In 2017, Solveig began road racing competitively, ranking in the top three in two Canadian National Masters Championships and 1st women overall for the RBC GranFondo Whistler. Most recently, she began her pursuit as a cycling coach, passionate about sharing the amazing benefits of cycling with youth and adults. Solveig worked with many companies including several cycling companies in BC and QC for rebranding, and designed Cycling BC’s new provincial championships jersey, team kit, premier series and iRide kit 2018, worked with Red Bull for their Air Race, X-Fighter, their events, and many more divisions.
- Community Initiation – NCCP Let’s Ride!
- Basic Cycling Skills/iRide Practicum – NCCP Ready to Race!
- Waterproof – Snowboard Teacher Instructor for level 1 + 2 classes + organized events
- iRide Coach – Teaching kids basic + advanced bike skills, going into pump tracks + having fun on 2 wheels
- Musette Tours Tour Guide – Led cycling tours to explore our beautiful region
- Canadian National Masters, Road Race + Crit Championships:
06/2017 – 2nd in my AG, 2nd overall + 3rd in my AG, 4th overall
- Canadian Provincial Masters, Road Race Championships:
05/2017 – 3rd in my AG, 3rd overall
- RBC GranFondo Whistler:
09/2017 – 1st in my AG, 1st overall, 1st Mixed-Team …and many more